THIS CONTRACT IS FOR USE IN ENGLAND, FOR SCOTLAND SEE SBCC CONTRACTS.
The JCT Contracts 2016 edition reflects new payment legislation and makes other changes which include:
Incorporating and updating provisions from the JCT Public Sector Supplement relating to Fair Payment, transparency and BIM into JCT Contracts
CDM Regulations 2015
Reflect the Public Contracts Regulations 2015
Changes in respect of payment , designed to reflect Fair Payment principles and to simplify and consolidate the payment provisions
Provisions for the grant of Performance Bonds and Parent Company guaranteesAn extension of (Works) Insurance Option C
Minor updates and clarification of the intellectual property provisionsIncorporate (where appropriate) the provisions of the JCT 2012 Named Specialist Update
JCT Intermediate Building Contract (IC) 2016
- Where the proposed building works are of simple content involving the normal, recognised basic trades and skills of the industry, without building service installations of a complex nature or other complex specialist work
- Where the works are designed by or on behalf of the Employer, where fairly detailed contract provisions are necessary and the Employer is to provide the Contractor with drawings and a specification, work schedules or bills of quantities to define adequately the quantity and quality of the work
- Where a Contract Administrator and Quantity Surveyor are to administer the conditions
This contract provides more detailed provisions and more extensive control procedures than the Minor Works Building Contract (MW) but less detailed than the Standard Building Contract (SBC).
Can be used:
- Where the works are to be carried out in sections
- By both private and local authority employers;where provisions are required to cover named specialists
Not suitable: where the Contractor is to design discrete part(s) of the works, even though all the other criteria are met consider Intermediate Building Contract with contractor's design (ICD).