SBCC produces building contracts and guides designed to meet the needs of the construction industry in Scotland. They are based on JCT contracts but compliant with Scottish law and practice.
- for the supply of pre-construction services by a specialist to either an employer or the actual or prospective main contractor on substantial and/or complex projects, prior to entry into a sub-contract for construction or installation work; and
- where the main contract is to be the 2016 Editions of the SBCC Standard Building Contract, Design and Build Contract, Minor Works Contract or Minor Works with Design Contract.
Can be used:
- whether or not the specialist is to be responsible for any design work;
- where the pre-construction services agreement is to be with the employer but the benefit of the specialist’s tender may be assigned to the main contractor; and
- by both private and local authority employers.
Not suitable for use:
- between the employer and main contractor (for which the other version of the agreement, i.e. the SBCC Pre-Construction Services Agreement (General Contractor) (PCSA/Scot) should be used);
- between the employer and a professional consultant
SBCC Code: SBC587
Short Code: PCSA/SP/Scot 2019
Publication Date: August 2020