SBCC produces building contracts and guides designed to meet the needs of the construction industry in Scotland. They are based on JCT contracts but compliant with Scottish law and practice.
- where detailed contract provisions are necessary and Employers Requirements have been prepared and provided to the Contractor;
- where the Contractor is not only to carry out and complete the works, but also to complete the design; and
- where the Employer employs an agent (who may be an external consultant or employee) to administer the conditions.
Can be used:
- where the works are to be carried out in sections;
- by both private and local authority employers.
Where the Contractors design responsibility is restricted to discrete parts of the works and he is not responsible for completing the design for the whole works, consideration should be given to using one of the SBCC contracts that provide for the employment of an Architect/Contract Administrator and limited design input by the Contractor.
SBCC Code: SBC563
Short Code: DB/Scot 2016
Publication Date: April 2017
Additional Links and Downloads
Amendment and Errata Sheets