THIS CONTRACT IS FOR USE BASED ON ENGLISH LAW, FOR SCOTLAND SEE SBCC CONTRACTS.
JCT Design and Build Contract 2016
- Can be used on large or smaller scale projects, but generally where detailed provisions are necessary.
- The Contractor is responsible for completing the design, as well as carrying out the works, and the employer must provide detailed documents to outline their requirements.
- The price and payment structure of the contract is based on a lump sum with interim stage or periodic payments.
- Provisions are included for collaborative working, sustainability, advance payment, bonds (advance payment, off-site materials, retention), third party rights and collateral warranties.
- Pre-Construction Services Agreement (General Contractor) (PCSA) and Pre-Construction Services Agreement (Specialist) (PCSA/SP) can be used with this contract.
- This contract can be used with the Framework Agreement (FA).
- For use of both private and public sector projects.
- Where detailed contract provisions are necessary and Employer's Requirements have been prepared and provided to the Contractor
- Where the Contractor is not only to carry out and complete the works, but also to complete the design
- Where the Employer employs an agent (who may be an external consultant or employee) to administer the conditions
Can be used:
- Where the works are to be carried out in sections
- By both private and local authority employers
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Short Code: JCT DB/2016
Publication Date: June 2016
Additional Links and Downloads