THIS CONTRACT IS FOR USE BASED ON ENGLISH LAW, FOR SCOTLAND SEE SBCC CONTRACTS.
JCT Design and Build Subcontract Agreement 2016
- The Design and Build Sub-Contract is made up of two parts: the Sub-Contract Agreement (DBSub/A) which includes the Recitals, Articles and Sub-Contract Particulars, and the Sub-Contract Conditions (DBSub/C).
- It can only be used when the main contract is the Design and Build Contract.
- It can be used where the sub-contracted works are fully designed, or if the sub-contractor is required to design all or a part of the works.
- It can be used when either the main contract works or the sub-contract works are to be carried out in sections.
- It can be be used for sub-contract works that are to be carried out on the basis of an adjusted sub-contract sum (adjustment for variations etc.) or by complete remeasurement.
- Provisions are included for collaborative working, sustainability and bonds (off-site materials and retention).
- For use with the Design and Build Contract
- For sub-contract works whether or not they include design by the Subcontractor
Can be used:
- Where the sub-contract works and/or main contract works are to be carried out in sections
- For sub-contract works that are to be carried out on the basis of an adjusted sub-contract sum (adjustment for variations etc.) or by complete re-measurement of the sub-contract
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Short Code: JCT DBSub/A/2016
Publication Date: June 2016
Additional Links and Downloads