THIS CONTRACT IS FOR USE BASED ON ENGLISH LAW, FOR SCOTLAND SEE SBCC CONTRACTS.
JCT Intermediate Building Contract 2016
- The employer must provide drawings and either bills of quantities, specification, or work schedules to specify the quantity and quality of work.
- The price and payment structure of the contract is based on a lump sum with monthly interim payments.
- It can be used where provisions are required to cover named specialists.
- All sub-contractors are domestic and their performance is the responsibility of the contractor.
- Provisions are included for collaborative working, sustainability, advance payment, bonds (advance payment, off-site materials) and collateral warranties.
- Pre-Construction Services Agreement (General Contractor) (PCSA) and Pre-Construction Services Agreement (Specialist) (PCSA/SP) can be used with this contract.
- This contract can be used with the Framework Agreement (FA).
- For use of both private and public sector projects.
- Where the proposed building works are of simple content involving the normal, recognised basic trades and skills of the industry, without building service installations of a complex nature or other complex specialist work
- Where the works are designed by or on behalf of the Employer, where fairly detailed contract provisions are necessary and the Employer is to provide the Contractor with drawings and a specification, work schedules or bills of quantities to define adequately the quantity and quality of the work
- Where a Contract Administrator and Quantity Surveyor are to administer the conditions
This contract provides more detailed provisions and more extensive control procedures than the Minor Works Building Contract (MW) but less detailed than the Standard Building Contract (SBC).
Can be used:
- Where the works are to be carried out in sections
- By both private and local authority employers;where provisions are required to cover named specialists
Not suitable: where the Contractor is to design discrete part(s) of the works, even though all the other criteria are met consider Intermediate Building Contract with contractor's design (ICD).
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Short Code: JCT IC/2016
Publication Date: June 2016
Additional Links and Downloads