THIS CONTRACT IS FOR USE BASED ON ENGLISH LAW, FOR SCOTLAND SEE SBCC CONTRACTS.
JCT Standard Building Contract Without Quantities 2016
- The employer must provide drawings together with a description of works, and either a specification or work schedules at tender stage. The project is generally not complex enough to require bills of quantities.
- The price and payment structure of the contract is based on a lump sum with monthly interim payments.
- Sub-Contractors can be appointed with written permission of the architect/contract administrator or selected from a list of three names.
- Provisions are included for collaborative working, sustainability, advance payment, bonds (advance payment, off-site materials, retention), third party rights and collateral warranties, named specialists, and a 'Contractor's Designed Portion'.
- Pre-Construction Services Agreement (General Contractor) (PCSA) and Pre-Construction Services Agreement (Specialist) (PCSA/SP) can be used with this contract.
- This contract can be used with the Framework Agreement (FA).
- For use of both private and public sector projects.
- For larger works designed and/or detailed by or on behalf of the Employer, where detailed contract provisions are necessary and the Employer is to provide the Contractor with drawings
- With either a specification or work schedules to define adequately the scope and quality of the work and where the degree of complexity is not such as to require bills of quantities
- Where an Architect/Contract Administrator and Quantity Surveyor are to administer the conditions
Can be used:
- Where the Contractor is to design discrete part(s) of the works (Contractor's Designed Portion)
- Where the works are to be carried out in sections
- By both private and local authority employers.
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Short Code: JCT SBC/XQ/2016
Publication Date: June 2016
Additional Links and Downloads