THIS CONTRACT IS FOR USE BASED ON ENGLISH LAW, FOR SCOTLAND SEE SBCC CONTRACTS.
JCT Standard Building Subcontract Agreement 2016
- The Standard Building Sub-Contract is made up of two parts: the Sub-Contract Agreement (SBCSub/A) which includes the Recitals, Articles and Sub-Contract Particulars, and the Sub-Contract Conditions (SBCSub/C).
- It is for use when the main contract is one of the Standard Building Contracts (SBC/Q, SBC/XQ, or SBC/AQ) and where the appointed sub-contractor is not required to design (if design is required see Standard Building Sub-Contract with sub-contractor’s design).
- It can be used when either main contract works or the sub-contract works are to be carried out in sections.
- It can be be used for sub-contract works that are to be carried out on the basis of an adjusted sub-contract sum (adjustment for variations etc.) or by complete remeasurement.
- Provisions are included for collaborative working, sustainability and bonds (off-site materials and retention).
- For use where the main contract is the Standard Building Contract (with quantities, without quantities or with approximate quantities)
- For sub-contract works where the Sub-Contractor is not required to design
Can be used:
- Where the sub-contract works and/or main contract works are to be carried out in sections
- For sub-contract works that are to be carried out on the basis of an adjusted sub-contract sum (adjustment for variations etc.) or by complete re-measurement
- Where the Sub-Contractor is to design any part of the sub-contract works, even though the other criteria are met consider the Standard Building Sub-Contract with sub-contractor's design (SBCSub/D/A and SBCSubD/C).
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Short Code: JCT SBCSub/A/2016
Publication Date: June 2016
Additional Links and Downloads