THIS CONTRACT IS FOR USE BASED ON ENGLISH LAW, FOR SCOTLAND SEE SBCC CONTRACTS.
JCT Standard Building Subcontract with Subcontractor's Design Conditions 2016
- The Standard Building Sub-Contract with sub-contractor’s design is made up of two parts: the Sub-Contract Agreement (SBCSub/D/A) which includes the Recitals, Articles and Sub-Contract Particulars, and the Sub-Contract Conditions (SBCSub/D/C).
- It is for use when the main contract is one of the Standard Building Contracts (SBC/Q, SBC/XQ, or SBC/AQ), where the main contractor is to design specific parts of the works (Contractor’s Designed Portion), and where the sub-contractor is to design part or all of the sub-contract works.
- It can be used when either the main contract works or the sub-contract works are to be carried out in sections.
- It can be be used for sub-contract works that are to be carried out on the basis of an adjusted sub-contract sum (adjustment for variations etc.) or by complete remeasurement.
- Provisions are included for collaborative working, sustainability and bonds (off-site materials and retention).
- For use where the main contract is the Standard Building Contract (with quantities, without quantities or with approximate quantities)
- Where the Contractor is to design discrete part(s) of the main contract works (Contractor's Designed Portion)
- The Sub-Contractor is to design any part of the sub-contract works (Sub-Contractor's Designed Portion)
Can be used:
- Where the sub-contract works and/or main contract works are to be carried out in sections
- For sub-contract works that are to be carried out on the basis of an adjusted sub-contract sum (adjustment for variations etc.) or by complete remeasurement
- Where no subcontractor's design is involved - consider the Standard Building Sub-Contract (SBCSub/A and SBCSub/C).
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Short Code: JCT SBCSub/D/C/2016
Publication Date: June 2016
Additional Links and Downloads