SBCC produces building contracts and guides designed to meet the needs of the construction industry in Scotland. They are based on JCT contracts but compliant with Scottish law and practice.
- where the work involved is simple in character;
- where the work is designed by on or on behalf of the Employer;
- where the Employer is to provide drawings and/or a specification and/or work schedules to define adequately the quantity and quality of the work: and
- where an Architect/Contract Administrator or a Quantity Surveyor, if appointed, is to administer the conditions.
Can be used:
- by both private and local authority employers;
- where bills of quantities are required.
- where detailed control procedures are needed;
- where the Contractor is to design discrete part(s) of the works, even though all the other criteria are met consider using the Minor Works Building Contract with contractors design for use in Scotland (MWD/Scot)
SBCC Code: SBC558
Short Code: MW/Scot 2016
Publication Date: December 2016
Additional Links and Downloads
Amendment and Errata Sheets