SBCC produces building contracts and guides designed to meet the needs of the construction industry in Scotland. They are based on JCT contracts but compliant with Scottish law and practice.
- where the work involved is simple in character;
- where the work is designed and the requirements for the contractors design of discrete part(s) are detailed by or on behalf of the Employer, and where the Contractor is required to design those part(s) of the work (Contractors Design Portion);
- where the Employer is to provide drawings and/or work schedules to define adequately the quantity and quality of the work: and
- where an Architect/Contract Administrator is to administer the conditions.
Can be used:
- by both private and local authority employers.
- as a design and build contract;
- where bills of quantities are required;
- where provisions are required to govern work carried out by the named specialists;
- where detailed control procedures are needed.
SBCC Code: SBC559
Short Code: MWD/Scot 2016
Publication Date: December 2016
Additional Links and Downloads
Amendment and Errata Sheets