SBCC produces building contracts and guides designed to meet the needs of the construction industry in Scotland. They are based on JCT contracts but compliant with Scottish law and practice.
- for use where the main contract is a SBCC contract; and
- for a small sub-contract package of work or one that is straightforward content with low risk involved.
Can be used:
- where the sub-contract works and/or main contract works are to be carried out in sections;
- for sub-contract works that are to be carried out on the basis of an adjusted sub-contract sum (adjustment for variations etc.) or by complete remeasurement.
- where the sub-contract works are of a complex technical nature;
- where Sub-Contractor is to design any part of the sub-contract works, even though the other criteria are met;
- where provisions which are fully back to back with the main contract are required.
SBCC Code: SBC561
Short Code: ShortSub/Scot 2016
Publication Date: December 2016
Additional Links and Downloads
Amendment and Errata Sheets