SBCC produces building contracts and guides designed to meet the needs of the construction industry in Scotland. They are based on JCT contracts but compliant with Scottish law and practice.
- for larger works designed and/or detailed by or on behalf of the Employer, where detailed contract provisions are necessary and the Employer is to provide the Contractor with drawings; and with bills of quantities to define the quantity and quality of the work; and
- where an Architect/Contract Administrator and Quantity Surveyor are to administer the conditions.
Can be used:
- where the Contractor is to design discrete part(s) of the works (Contractors Designed Portion);
- where the works are to be carried out in sections;
- by both private and local authority employers;
- where provisions are required to cover named specialists.
SBCC Code: SBC568
Short Code: SBC/Q/Scot 2016
Publication Date: October 2017
Additional Links and Downloads
Amendment and Errata Sheets