SBCC produces building contracts and guides designed to meet the needs of the construction industry in Scotland. They are based on JCT contracts but compliant with Scottish law and practice.
- for use where the main contract is the Standard Building Contract (with quantities, without quantities or with approximate quantities);
- where the Contractor is to design discrete part(s) of the main contract works (Contractors Designed Portion); and
- the Sub-Contractor is to design all or part of the sub-contract works (Sub-Contractors Designed Portion).
Can be used:
- where the sub-contract works and/or main contract works are to be carried out in sections;
- for sub-contract works that are to be carried out on the basis of an adjusted sub-contract sum (adjustment for variations etc.) or by complete remeasurement.
- where no sub-contractors design is involved consider using the Standard Building Sub-Contract (SBCSub/A/Scot and SBCSub/C/Scot).
SBCC Code: SBC574
Short Code: SBC/Sub/D/A/Scot 2016
Publication Date: October 2017
Additional Links and Downloads
Amendment and Errata Sheets